Hello Friends and happy first day of Summerween!! This is a read-a-thon that is hosted by Gabbyreads and Oliviareadalatte over on youtube. The idea is to read as many horror and thriller books in the summer. This runs from July 2nd – 8th. Below you will find the prompts and some book ideas I have for each one. I have also decided I will probably carry this theme throughout the entire month of July and mood read my thrillers and other books I have been wanting to get too.
1) bake or make a drink with your spooky read – I am really into this cocktail right now called a transfusion and it is sooo good plus the name is kind of creepy!
2) read a book in the dark – will probably read one of the books from my kindle since I tend to read that at night and in bed.
3) read a paranormal book – Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, The Broken Girls by Simone St. James, Mile High With A Vampire by Lynsay Sands
4) read a horror book – Ring Shout by P. Djeli Clark, Into The Drowning Deep by Mira Grant, My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
5) read a book with black or orange on the cover (or both) An Ambush of Widows by Jeff Abbott, Hairpin Bridge by Taylor Adams, Survive The Night by Riley Sager
These are some other Thrillers that I would like to try and get to this month.
- Hostage by Claire Mackintosh
- A Dark and Secret Place by Jen Williams
- Goblin by Josh Malerman
- The Therapist by B.A. Paris