Hi friends! I wanted to update you on this challenge that I was participating in that was hosted by Cathy746books and you can read her post announcing it here. The goal was to pick 10, 15 or 20 books to read between June 1st and September 1st. I pretty much failed this challenge. While I read 72 books during this time I only read 10 from the 20 books that I had chosen. I did dnf 4 of the books and 1 has been pushed back till October. Did you participate in this challenge? If so how did you do?
Books I Read
- The Beach Trap by Ali Brady – 5 Stars Really enjoyed this take on The Parent Trap that is set in Florida and centers around two estranged sisters who renovate a house together. You can see my thoughts here.
- How To Fake It In Hollywood by Ava Wilder – 5 Stars – I really enjoyed this fake dating trope that takes place between an actress trying to break it big in Hollywood and an actor who is still dealing with grief. You can see my thoughts here.
- Flying Solo by Linda Holmes – 3 Stars. After loving Evvie Drake Starts Over I had high hopes for this one but it ended up just being ok. You can see my thoughts here.
- The House Across The Lake by Riley Sager – 4 Stars I really enjoyed this one and loved the direction he too the ending, I know some didn’t care for it but I did! You can see my thoughts here.
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers – 3 Stars This one should not be classified as a romance and because of that I had different expectations going in. I liked the writing just was expecting else from what I got. You can see my thoughts here.
- Fake It Till You Make It by Jamie Wesley – 4 Stars If you are a fan of sports romances or baking then I would recommend picking this one up! You can see my thoughts here.
- Happiness For Beginners by Katherine Center – 4 Stars I am slowly making my way through Katherine Center’s backlist and I have had this one for awhile so I was glad to finally get to it! You can see my thoughts here.
- The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley – 3 Stars A good thriller but left me with unanswered questions which I find really annoying! You can see my thoughts here.
- Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins – 2 Stars My review on this one is quite long but while I liked parts of it overall it didn’t work for me. I am still a fan of her writing and can’t wait for her next triller The Villa. You can see my thoughts here.
- The Lion’s Den by Katherine St. John – 4 Stars I received this one last year from the publisher when The Siren was released and after enjoying that one I knew I had to get to this one! If you like mysteries and books set around movie productions then you should check this one out! You can see my thoughts here.
Books I Didn’t Get To
- Ice and Stone by Marcia Muller – Backlist Mystery that I have had for a while on my shelves and wanted to get to, hopefully I can this winter!
- Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Another backlist I wanted l to read but was just never in the mood to pick it up.
- Velvet Was The Night by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Another backlist I wanted to read but never in thought about picking it up but it does have fall vibes on the cover so maybe I will still try and get to it soon.
- West Side Love Story by Priscilla Oliveras – A new release that I wanted to read but it is still sitting on my kindle.
- The Moment I Met You by Debbie Johnson – Another new release I got but it is a heavier book and I was just never in the head space to read a book like that.
Books I Started But Didn’t Finish
- The Invisible Husband of Frick Island by Colleen Oakley – This one was a backlist I wanted to read and I really tried with this one but I just couldn’t get into it so I skimmed the majority of the book to get to the end.
- The Children On The Hill by Jennifer McMahon – This was a new release horror that I was really looking forward to but the story just didn’t work for me.
- The Lies I Tell by Julie Clark – A summer release that I had an advanced copy of but Im counting this one as a dnf for now because I started it but never really got invested in it enough to pick it back up. I will try this one at a later date.
- All The White Spaces by Ally Wilkes – A recently released horror that I tried but didn’t get very far because my library book was returned. I still want to pick this one up again as the premise was intriguing.
- Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid – Upcoming release – This one has been pushed back multiple times and is now hopefully coming out in October! And I will read it as soon as it comes out!
One thought on “Update on my 20 Books of Summer 2022 Challenge”
I really liked The House Across the Lake too!
LikeLiked by 1 person