This was a hard one for me because I do not like to read about death in books, especially when the death happens in the middle and is part of the plot. However I have chosen books that deal more with the aftermath of a death and four of these were favorites and one is still on my TBR.
- Meet Me In Paradise I loved this book more than I expected and this one is an exception about death before the book happens but still explores grief and learning to move on.
- Float Plan A romance book about a woman who deals with the death of her partner by going on a sailing tour of the Caribbean islands. This book gutted me but I loved it so much!!
- Rainy Day Friends Jill Shalvis writes the best feel good stories that are perfect for vacation reads. Another romance, this one follows a woman who loses her husband and deals with the things that are revealed about him after.
- The Drowning Kind This one is a horror about a woman who goes back to her grandparents home to find out how her sister died in a pool. This book is so creepy and I loved it!
- The Invisible Husband of Frick Island This one has been on my TBR since it came out last year but I know I need to be in the right frame of mind to read it. It follows a woman who lost her partner and pretends that he is still alive and the people who live on the island indulge her in this. I think this one might have romance elements but I believe is more a woman’s fiction book.
What are some of your favorite books that have death in them?