Happy Sunday!! It’s time again for Six for Sunday which is a weekly meme created by A Little But A Lot – Todays topic is Magical books. I could have done way more than six books for this one. Fantasy books were what really started my love of reading and it was hard to choose so I just went with my all time favorites. There are few authors where I chose more than one series because I could!
1. Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan – This was one of my very first series that started my love of fantasy books. I have memories of reading this with my husband who was at the time just my boyfriend. This is an epic fantasy series that has so many plot lines and characters I don’t even know where to start talking about it.
2. Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillier – This was the first series by her that I read and she has since become one of my all time favorite authors. I have read Son of Shadows more times than I can count. This series is about a family that lives on what is now Ireland and how they interact with the fae that live around them.
The Warrior Bard Series by Juliet Marillier – This is her newest series and it follows Liobhan who is trained as a bard but wants to become one of the elite warriors from Swan Island. Book 3 comes out later this year and I can not wit for it!
3. Wayfair Redemption Series by Sara Douglass – The Wayfair series was my first by Sara Douglass and quickly became another favorite author of mine. I have read almost every single one of her books and was so sad when she passed away a few years ago.
Threshold by Sara Douglass -This book is one of her stand alones and is one my top 5 favorite books of all time. All of her books have great magical settings that sweep you away to a great story.
4. Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews – An Urban Fantasy series that deals with wizards, shifters, vampires and other magical creatures. Kate and her partner Curran are one of my OTP’s!
5. Green Rider Series by Kristen Britain – Karigan is a normal girl on her way home from school when she meets a dying man who is one of the magical green riders, messengers for the king. Caught up in this Karigan soon learns she has what it takes to become one too.
6. Written in Red by Ann Bishop – A new take on shifters living in the “modern” world but in this series they were they first and allowed the humans to live freely. After many incidents the “Others” as they are known as decide that the peace is over and begin taking back the rights that the allowed humans to have.
What are some of your favorite magical books? Let me know in the comments below!