Happy Monday book friends! One of my favorite things to do is to go thrifting for books. I always have a few I like to go to depending on what area of town I am in. This includes a few local book store, ARC’s, Goodwill’s and 2nd and Charles. I prefer Goodwill and the ARC because books are usually $1 – $3 depending on paperback or hardback. Last week I hit up a few of these and here is what I came home with!
-Birds of Arkansas and Birds of Georgia – The first two are birding books done by my favorite photographer Stan Tekiela. He does many types of naturalist books for a lot of states. I was so excited when I saw these that I just had to get them!!
– I am, I am, I am by Maggie O’Farrell – I saw someone on Instagram recently read this and thought it looked interesting. This is a memoir about the author coming close to death many times and her experiences with that.
– Beartown by Fredrick Backman – This is my second time buying this so I am hoping to actually read it this time. I just finished my first by this author and loved it so much so I thought I should try this one too. All I really know about this one is that it takes place in a small town that loves hockey and a rape accusation on one of the players.
– The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella – I read this one years ago and recently some of my instagram friends and myself have been buddy reading her books so I thought I would go ahead and pick this one up in preparation. A woman on the verge of loosing it at her job walks out and gets hired as a maid/housekeeper but she doesn’t know how to clean or cook.
– Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella – Same reason for picking this one up, future buddy reads! A woman wakes up in the hospital with no memory of the last three years of her life, including a new fancy job and a husband!
– Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis – Jill Shalvis has quickly become one f my favorite comfort read authors so I tend to pick up any I find of hers while out thrifting. Im not sure on the plot of this one but its set in a small town in my state of Colorado and his ex-special forces so yes please!
– Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis – Again I just picked this one up because of the author but it has a shared bed trope and a cop! A dead body is found so this sounds more like mystery romance. Can’t wait to read this one. Also the cover of mine looks very different then the one on goodreads!
– Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer – I was not going to pick this one up but when I saw it for only $3.50 I couldn’t resist. It has been many years since I have been to Forks Washington but I think I will be headed back soon!
Hope you guys have enjoyed my little haul! If you have read any of these please let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Until Next Time, Happy Reading