Hello Friends! I wanted to share a post of some fun books that feel like fall but that are not thrillers or horror novels. Let me know if you have any that you would recommend!
- Very Sincerely Yours by Kerry Winfrey – Takes place around Halloween and the main character likes to dress up at the vintage Toy shop she works at.
- How Sweet It Is by Dylan Newton – This one follows a bubbly event planner who is doing a book launch for a horror book and it was really fun!
- The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling – A contemporary with fantasy elements following a witch who gets dumped and drunk and curses her ex. Also has some steamy scenes!
- Pumpkin Everything by Beth Labonte – A very cozy romance that takes place in a small town that goes all out for pumpkin season.
- What If You and Me by Roni Loren – Another steamy romance that follows a horror author and a hot neighbor! A little bit of a heavier read but really good.
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker – This is another harder hitting romance that follows a woman getting to know her dad before he passes away. Takes place in Alaska around Thanksgiving.
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid – This one starts out a bit awkward at a Halloween party with a sexy Gandalf costume! This book made me want to go to Tennessee for the Fall.
- Pumpkin Heads by Rainbow Rowell – Follows two friends on a night looking for love at a local corn maze. Very cute and sweet
- Blood Stain by Linda Sejic – Funny series about a woman desperate for a job and takes the first one she gets. An assistant position for a mad scientist!
- Still House Lake Series by Rachel Caine – Following the wife of a serial killer as she tries to move on with her life and gets mixed up in other dangerous situations.
- Lily Bard series by Charlaine Harris – Lily is just trying to stay quiet in a new life after leaving a violent past behind. Gets caught up in a murder investiigation when she sees thebody being dumped in town.
- Aurora Teagarden Series by Charlain Harris – A Librarian who runs a local crime fiction bookclub start solving murders in their small town.
- Harper Connolly Series by Charlaine Harris – Follows Harper who can see the final moments of someone’s life and find out where the dead bodies are.
Some Random Suggestions
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – Gothic classic about ghosts and spooky house and the mysterious man who lives there!
- Hearts blood by Juliet Marillier – Fantasy novel that is a Beauty and The Beast re-telling. Might be a little more early winter but very atmospheric and hoes well with fall.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield – Best described by goodreads: It is a tale of gothic strangeness featuring the Angelfield family, including the beautiful and willful Isabelle, the feral twins Adeline and Emmeline, a ghost, a governess, a topiary garden and a devastating fire.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – The story about a woman’s quest to find out who Vlad The Impaler really was. I feel like anything Dracula related is a good fall read!