Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme created by Shanah @the Bionic Bookworm and is now being hosted by Meeghan @Meeghan Reads. This week’s topic is Top 5 retellings. I love retellings, they are some of my favorite types of books to read. I especially love Jane Austen and Beauty and the Beast retellings. I have read so many different takes on Pride and Prejudice and they very rarely disappoint. I also love Juliet Marillier, I know I talk about her quite a bit on here and she does fantastic retellings. Robin McKinley is another great fantasy author who takes fairytales and transforms them. Here are 5 retellings that I have really enjoyed.
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier – retelling of The Wild Swans
- Captain Wentworth’s Diary by Amanda Grange – retelling of Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Pride and Prejudice Graphic Novel
- Hearts Blood by Juliet Marillier – retelling of Beauty and the Beast
- Spindle’s End by Robin McKinley – retelling of Sleeping Beauty
What are some of your favorite retellings?