This is my second year to do Jamie’s from The Perpetual Page Turner’s End of Year Reading Survey. Below are 33 questions that gives you a glimpse into my reading for 2020. If you would like to see my survey from 2019 you can find it here. I hope you Enjoy!!
1. Best Book You Read In 2020? I can’t pick just one! Romance – Always Only You, Fiction – Anxious People, Fantasy – A Dance With Fate, Thriller – The Sundown Motel and Horror- Mexican Gothic
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? The Roommate by Rosie Danon or Reborn Yesterday by Tessa Bailey
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Mexican Gothic
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? I don’t know, probably a mystery of some sort.
5. Best series you started in 2020? Best Sequel of 2020? Best Series Ender of 2020? I started The In Death series this year, I don’t think I ended a series and for best sequel I love anything in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh or The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2020? Jill Shalvis, Chloe Liese and Silvia Moreno-Garcia
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Mexican Gothic
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? The Sundown Motel
9. Book You Read In 2020 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Always Only You by Chloe Liese
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2020? Mexican Gothic.
11. Most memorable character of 2020? Frankie from Always Only You
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2020? Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes or The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2020? Educated by Tara Westover
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2020 to finally read? The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2020? So I reread it in 2020 but I love the line from Well Met “I didn’t choose the wench life, the wench life chose me.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2020? Shortest was Coyote Tales and it was 60 pages and longest was Hands Down by Mariana Zapata which was 550 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most. I feel like it’s my answer for most but Mexican Gothic again.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) . I don’t usually ship couples.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year. I love all the bromances in The Bromance series.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2020 From An Author You’ve Read Previously. Alpha Night by Nalini Singh
21. Best Book You Read In 2020 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.: Like Lovers Do by Tracey Livesay.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2020? I don’t really do this but I enjoyed Frankie from Always Only You, she was grumpy and I was here for it!
23. Best 2020 debut you read? One To Watch by Kate Stayman-London
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Mexican Gothic
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2020? The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? The Wild series by K.A. Tucker
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2020? Effin Birds
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? Make Them Cry, I did not like this book.
Until the next post, happy reading!