I saw this over on Steph’s Romance Book Talk on Youtube and thought it looked like fun. It was created by Nicole & Her Books @Nicole & Her Books : https://youtu.be/4j_11fD44EU. These opinions are all mine and I don’t mean anything to those who love these authors or books.
1. A popular book EVERYONE loves that you have no interest in reading? Right now I would say The Night Circus.
2. A classic book (or author) you don’t have an interest in reading? (Or give one of each) So many, I went through a huge classics faze about 15 years ago and I got so bogged down I probably won’t be picking up any again any time soon.
3. An author whose books you have no interest in reading? I guess I will go with Casandra Clair or Leigh Bardugo.
4. A problematic author whose books you have no interest in reading? *you can combine questions 3 & 4, or you can answer them separately if you have an answer for both* I will not be picking anything new up from J.K. Rowling.
5. An author you have read a couple of books from & have decided their books are not for you? I am going to go with Sophie Kinsella and Colleen Hoover, I have read multiple books by both and while I love some I didn’t like more than I liked.
6. A genre you have no interest in OR a genre you tried to get into & couldn’t? Literary Fiction, I like to read to escape and I feel sometimes these are too realistic for me.
7. A book you have bought but will never read? (this can be a book you have unhauled/returned to the library unread) I have way too many that I will probably never get too.
8. A series you have no interest in reading OR a series you started & have dnf’d? Throne of Glass, I read the first and will probably not continue.
9. A new release you have no interest in reading? The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
Again I just want to say that I have tried most of these authors or books and they just didn’t work for me. I mean no disrespect to those who love them.