Hello friends! I am finally getting around to my round up for the read-a-thons that I participated in during the month of October. I didn’t do as well as I had hoped but thats ok I don’t like forcing myself to read books if they are not working because that always puts me in a slump. I also used the books I read for all 3.
The first one I am doing is the #fallaboutthrillers readathon hosted by @traveling.the.pages.
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James I used for the sci-fi prompt.
- Naked in Death by J.D. Robb I used for Romantic Thriller and a Police Procedural.
- Home Before Dark by Roley Sager I used for Family Drama and Riley Sager.
- His and Hers by Alice Feeney for a Psych Thriller but forgot to check it off on my graphic.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia I used for Religious Thriller which again I forgot to check off and Own Voices. (I also just realized this gave me a bingo!!)
The next one I am doing is the #thrillathonreadathon hosted by @reading_mom.me @alysiareads, @biblio.jojo @thebookishalix, @jessicasbookjourney
- Sun Down Motel for a book with a ghost.
- His and Hers for a book with a murder.
- Home Before Dark for a book with a surprise ending.
- Simone St. James, J.D. Robb, Riley Sager, Silvia Moreno-Gracia and Alice Feeney were all new to me authors.
- Naked in Death for a book in a series and with a serial killer.
And finally the Paranormal Readathon hosted by @lin.ryals
- Sun Down Motel for Red on the cover and an audio book.
- I read a bunch of Shelly Laurenston books that all have shape shifters.
- Immortal Angel by Lynsay Sands for a book with Vampires, Human loves paranormal, monster as a hero and monster hero.
- Mexican Gothic for a historical book.
- Wolf with Benefits by Shelly Laurenston for a book that is not a black cover.
- Home Before Dark for a book with ghosts.
Update on my TBR
- Immortal Angel by Lynsay Sands – 3 Stars
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – 4 Stars
- Horrid by Katrina Leno – DNF for now, it was way too intense for me and if I didn’t put it down I was going to get into a reading slump.
- Bitterfalls by Rachel Caine – Didn’t get too.
I read 2 of the 4 so not too bad.
Updates for Buddy Reads
- The Girl From Widow Hill by Megan Miranda – Did not get too, not enough time
- The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson – Started it but decided it was not the right type of book for me.
- These Witches Don’t Burn by Isobel Sterling – Couldn’t get into
- In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware – Ran out of time to read
- His and Hers by Alice Fenney – 3 Stars
- Truley Devious by Maureen Johnson – Couldn’t get into
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James – 5 Stars
- The Last Charm by Ella Allbright – Decided not to read because of a plot point I do not like to read
- Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Sarah Morgenthaler – 4 Stars
- The Roommate by Rosie Danan – 3 Stars
I read 4 out of my 10 buddy reads, not great but thats ok.
Until Next Time, Happy Reading!