Hello Book Friends! I am back with a Top 5 Tuesday! Today we are looking at some of our favorite new authors that we have discovered this year. I have read a lot of new authors so it was hard to pick just 5! Top 5 Tuesday was created by Shanah at Bionic Book Worm, and now being hosted by Meeghan reads.
1. J.D. Robb – I picked up her first book Naked in Death last month after it had been sitting on my shelves forever and really enjoyed it! I was pleasantly surprised that it took place in the future! I always love a good cop procedural and through in a romance and I am sold. Hopefully getting to the next one this month.
2. Simone St. James – I read her second book The Sun Down Motel and absolutely loved it! I have her first one The Broken Girls on my kindle so hopefully I can get to it soon.
3. Chloe Liese – I have received both of her Bergman Brother books as ARC’s this year and they are fantastic! Her books always have disability rep and its done so well! I am so excited for her next in the series that actually is about the only sister in the family! Plus its a love story about an already married couple and I just love those!!
4. Mia Sosa – I had heard mixed reviews on her novel The Worst Best Man but I loved it! Give me all the enemies to lovers romances.
5. Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Mexican Gothic was one of my favorite thrillers I have read so far this year, I loved her world building and the way she wrote. I know her older books are different genres but I am excited to read Gods of Jade and Shadow. I love when books teach me knew things in history and I want to start researching them right away and Silvia’s writing made me want to know more about a time and place in history that I was unfamiliar with.
Who are some of your favorite new authors you have read this year?
Until Next Time, Happy Reading!