Today it was announced that Round 6 of the contemporary-a-thon will be returning February 10th-16th and I am so excited! This is one of the few readathons a due because I mostly read contemporary. Here is a link to the announcement videos from the hosts; Natasha from MyReadingisodd, Chelsea from Chealseadolling reads and Julie from Pages and pens .
Here are the challenges
- Read a contemporary book with Green on the cover
- Read a contemporary from a new to you author
- Read a diverse contemporary
- Read a backlist contemporary that has been on your TBR for more than a year
- Read a dark/hard hitting contemporary
- Read a contemporary with an illustrated cover
- Read a contemporary that is beloved by someone in the book community
As I stated in an earlier blog post I am not great with keeping to specific books so my plan is to pick books that can be used for multiple prompts and hope they work. Here a few I have picked out so far.
- Queenie by Candice Carty Williams
- The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman
- Eleanor and Pre by Rainbow Rowell
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
I will put out another post with what I am planning to read closer to the readathon. Do you participate in readathons? Do you plan on doing contemporary-a-thon? Let me know in the comments if you are and what you will be reading!